IT Advisory Committee
Charge and Membership
Committee Charge and Mission Statement
Western Washington University’s (WWU) Information Technology is an institution-wide function and critical asset to the university. As such, it is imperative to have an advisory structure that spans across the university in order to achieve university goals. The WWU IT Advisory Council (ITAC) will provide the Chief Information Officer (CIO) with timely input on IT planning, policies and project portfolio. ITAC meeting minutes will be available via the Information Technology Services (ITS) website.
- Provide input on the development of policies to maximize the responsible use of information technology as it relates to WWU’s needs and strategic plan.
- Advise the CIO on IT planning, maintenance and investments.
- Recommend and communicate priorities, commitments, and expectations to drive projects through to completion. Specific communication should be developed for the Vice Presidents and university community.
- Support adopted IT plans, projects, policies, and standards.
- Dean, University Library
- Associate Vice President, Business and Financial Affairs
- Associate Vice President, Academic Affairs
- Chief Information Officer
- Assistant Vice President, Human Resources
- Chief Operating Officer, WWU Foundation
- Assistant Vice President and Director, Financial Aid
- Director, Web Communication Technologies
- Academic Technology Committee (ATC) Chair
- Student Technology Fee (STF) Committee Chair (AS Senate Pro Tempore)
- Graduate Student Representative
- Quarterly Meetings (Four monthly meetings may be needed initially.)
- Members will be expected to attend all meetings. Substitutions on the committee will not be permitted.