Welcome to ITS!
The Vice Provost for Information Technology (VPIT) serves as the Chief Information Officer (CIO) at Western and manages these central departments in Information Technology Services (ITS):
- Academic Technology & User Services (ATUS) - ATUS is the face of information technology at Western, providing desktop services and support for teaching and learning.
- Enterprise Application Services (EAS) - EAS is responsible for the implementation, maintenance and evolution of Western's enterprise applications.
- Enterprise Infrastructure Services (EIS) - EIS provides the underlying infrastructure and core information technology services for the university.
- IT Security Office - The IT Security Office plays a unique role and critical role in serving Western's increasing cyber security needs.
Did you know?
Information Technology Services:
- Provides 250+ workshops and presentations to faculty, staff and students annually.
- Supports 1.2 million emails a week.
- Supports more than 10,000 wireless devices and 7,000 wired devices simultaneously connected to our networks every day.
- Averages more than 4 gigabits per second of data flowing to and from our campus.
- Maintains more than 12 miles of copper and fiber optic cable in 125 buildings and 3 miles of underground tunnels across campus.
- Provides 1,793 pieces of technology available for loan.
The VPIT/CIO works with all areas of the university to coordinate technology planning and implementation.
Furthermore, the VPIT/CIO initiates programs that maintain Western's top ranking in technological applications and in the use of emerging technologies.
Vice Provost for Information Technology/CIO